The 3rd Nanning Xiangqi International Invitational Tournament
Date:May 20, 2011
From: Nanning Sports Bureau of China, Nanning Sports Federation of China,
Guangxi Xiangqi Association of China, Guangxi Bridge Association of China,
Guangxi Weiqi Association of China.
Re: Invitation to Nanning International Chess and Cards Invitational Tournament
Dear Sir or Madam,
As the opening frontier city and the famous Green City of China, Nanning is the permanent venue of China-ASEAN Expo. To strengthen the friendship among us, to enhance the communications and cooperation of sports culture, economy and trade between Nanning and other countries, Nanning International Chess and Cards Invitational Tournament which is hosted by Chess & Cards Administration Center of General Administration of Sports of China, Sports Administration of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Nanning Municipal People’s Government and organized by Nanning Sports Bureau, Nanning Sports Federation, Guangxi Xiangqi Association, Guangxi Weiqi Association and Guangxi Bridge Association, will be held in Nanning from September 24th to 29th, 2011. We sincerely invite you to send officials and players to participate the tournament.
Attached please find the regulations and entry Forms of the Tournament. Or you can log in the official website of Nanning Sports Bureau for details if you are interested in the tournament.
The official website of Nanning Sports Bureau: http://ty.nanning.gov.cn/
We look forward to your presence.
Organizing Committee of Nanning International Chess and Cards Invitational Tournament
The 3rd Nanning Xiangqi International Invitational Tournament
1. Hosted by: Chess & Cards Administration Center of General Administration of
Sports of China，
Sports Administration of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region,
Nanning Municipal People’s Government
2. Supervised by: Chinese Xiangqi Association
3. Organized by: Nanning Sports Bureau, Nanning Sports Federation,
Guangxi Xiangqi Association
4. Co-organized by: Nanning Sports Administration & Training Center
5. Events: Open Team, Open Individual, Teenage Event (China, Vietnam).
6. Date: September 24th-28th, 2011
7. Venue: Nanning City, Guangxi, China.
1) Countries and Regions Invited: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam, Japan, Republic of Korea, European and American Areas, the Asian-Pacific Countries; Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR, Chinese Taibei. Invited countries or regions can respectively send one team to participate.
2) Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region and Nanning city are invited to send one team respectively.
3) Open Event: Each team includes 1 team leader and 2 players, with no limit to age, gender and grade.
4) Teenage Event(China, Vietnam): Each team includes 1 team leader, 1 coach, and 5 players. Players must be under 18-year-old, with no limit to gender and grade.
9. Competition Rules:
1)The events are conducted in accordance with the latest Rules and Regulations for Xiangqi certified by Asian Xiangqi Federation.
2)Open Event: the swiss system will be conducted during the tournament. Team event and individual event will be arranged in one time, no team ranking will be calculated if there is only one player take part in the game. The entry order of each team determines players’ numbers. The first round will be arranged by the pattern of upper half and lower half. Teammates cannot compete in the same round.
3)Teenage Event(China, Vietnam): There will be the dual meets at different desks. One key player from each side sits at the first desk, and the others players sit at desk from No.2 to No.5. There are totally four rounds, the desk No. of key players cannot be changed, while others desks can be changed from the second round on.
4) Any no show over 30 minutes after the start announcement will be deemed as abstention.
5) Time limit: Chess clock will be used. There is a basic time of 60 minutes for each player, and 15 seconds will be given back for each step, overtime will be considered loss.
6) Players should record in each game by themselves.
10. Positions and awards
①The result of each game: the winner gets 2 points; the loser gets 0; each player gets 1 point in a draw.
②The winner with the higher score will take the better position, or refers to following order if the scores are the same: (a) the opponent’s score (b)number of won game (c)foul (d) number of won game of the defensive side. If the result still remains unknown, then the ranking will be decided by drawing lots.
③Team position: It refers to the sum of individuals’ positions. Team with the lower number will take the better position, or refers to the best individual position if sums are the same.
④The open team event awards top 6, while the open individual event awards top 8. Top 3 will be awarded trophies, while others will be awarded medals.
⑤Souvenirs will be presented to all the participants.
①The result of each round: the winner gets 2 points; each player gets 1 point for a draw, the loser gets 0;
②Team with the highest total score wins; if the scores of both sides are the same, the team with a higher score of the key player wins; or compare the scores of desk 2 to 5 if the scores of the key players are also the same; if all the scores are the same, the prize will be gone halves for each side.
1) All teams are to be responsible for their international round-trip travel expenses.
2)The LOC will make all-round arrangement for food, accommodation and local transportation(from and to the airport or railway station) during the competition for participants.
12. Entry and Registration:
1) Please submit the entry form before August 20th, 2011.
Address: Nanning Sports Administration & Training Center, Aoti Hotel, No.60-8,Taoyuan Road, Nanning, Guangxi, China,530021.
Contact person: Yang Yibin
2) Registration: Teams are supposed to arrive on Sept 24th, 2011. Any team needs to be picked up at the airport, train or bus station, please contact the LOC in advance.
3) The Joint-meeting will be held at 20:30pm on Sept 24th, team leaders will be invited to participate.
4) Time for departure: September 29th.
13. The Organizing Committee reserves all rights to the Regulations.
14. The matters uncovered in the Regulations will be notified in due course.